System requirements for QuickBooks 2018 and Enterprise Solutions 18.0
This article refers to QuickBooks Online
System requirements provides you the information needed to ensure your computer hardware, software, and operating system meet the minimum requirements for your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2018 and Enterprise 18.0
Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed1
Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Windows: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (update 1) or Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), natively installed.
Linux: When using QBES Database Server-only installation – OpenSuse 42.2, Fedora 25, Red Hat 7 (Update 3)
1Natively installed means it was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means that it doesn't need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
||2.4 GHz minimum
||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended
Server RAM Requirements
- 1-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12GB RAM
- 15 Users: 16GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+GB RAM
- 2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files)
- Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to US only)
- Require minimum 4.0GB RAM
- Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+"Intuit\Intuit Data Protect"
Note: Storing a large .QBW data file on an SSD will greatly speed up performance and is encouraged.
- US version of Windows (if using US QuickBooks software), Canadian version of Windows (if using Canadian QuickBooks software)
- Regional settings are supported when set to English (United States/Canada) with keyboard setting to US/CA only
- Administrator rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi-User access
- Natively installed - means its was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means it doesn't need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server)
- Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
Internet access is required
QuickBooks is capable of integrating with hundreds of third-party applications. The following integration are provided with QuickBooks; additional RAM will enhance the use of these features. See Intuit Marketplace for the most up-to-date list.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit
Office 2010 and Office 2013 and 365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit. Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.
- Email Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, GMail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit)
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit)
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit)
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge). Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a sync is performed, duplicate records could result
- TurboTax 2016 and 2015 (Personal and Business)
- Quicken 2017, 2016, 2015
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services requires Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed, 1Mbps recommended. (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*)
Note: *Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2018 and Enterprise 18.0 have been tested with the following firewall and antivirus products.
Note: In some cases, it may be necessary to adjust settings in these products to ensure the best possible performance with QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- MalwarebytesNote: QuickBooks will work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but this is not recommended because performance issues may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.
Important: If the individual product requirements above do not specifically state that an operating system, hardware, software, firewall or antivirus is supported, it has not been tested. Intuit cannot promise that your experience will be trouble-free. If you experience problems outside of the supported environment, technical support will be limited to standard troubleshooting. If unresolved, the program should be returned to a supported environment for additional support. Also note that should Microsoft no longer support the aforementioned products, then neither shall Intuit.